作业帮 > 英语 > 作业

高一英语必修三,百万英镑全文翻译!

来源:学生作业帮 编辑:搜搜做题作业网作业帮 分类:英语作业 时间:2024/08/06 17:14:45
高一英语必修三,百万英镑全文翻译!
高一英语必修三,百万英镑全文翻译!
http://wenku.baidu.com/view/6ab7177bf242336c1eb95ea2.html
3.必修三Unit 3 THEMILLION POUND BANK NOTE百万英镑
Act I, Scene 3第一幕,第三场
NARRATOR: 旁白: It is thesummer of 1903. Two old and wealthy brothers, Roderick and Oliver, have made abet. 1903年的夏天,一对老年又富有的兄弟,罗德里克和奥利弗,打了一个赌. Oliver believes that with a million pound bank note a man couldsurvive a month in London. 奥利弗认为,一个人靠一张百万英镑的钞票在伦敦能活一个月.His brother Roderick doubts it. 他的兄弟罗德里克对此表示怀疑.At this moment, they see a penniless young man wandering on thepavement outside their house. 这时,他们看见一个身无分文的年轻人在房子外面的人行道上游荡.It is Henry Adams, an American businessman, who is lost in Londonand does not know what he should do. 他叫亨利·亚当斯,一个美国商人,在伦敦迷了路,不知道该怎么办.
RODERICK:Young man, would you step inside a moment, please?
罗德里克:年轻人,请你进来一会儿,好吗?
HENRY: Who? Me, sir?
亨利:先生,你叫谁啊?是叫我吗?
RODERICK:Yes, you.
罗德里克:是的,就是你.
OLIVER: Through the front door on your left.
奥利弗:从你左侧的前门进来.
HENRY: (A servant opens a door) Thanks.
亨利:(仆人给他打开门)谢谢.
SERVANT: Good morning, sir. Would you please come in? Permit me to lead the way, sir.
仆人:早上好,先生,请进.先生,请让我来带路吧.
OLIVER: (Henry enters) Thank you, James. That will be all.
奥利弗:(亨利走进来)谢谢你,詹姆斯,没你的事了.
RODERICK: How do you do, Mr. ... er ...?
罗德里克:你好,先生,你贵姓?
HENRY:Adams. Henry Adams.
亨利:亚当斯,亨利·.亚当斯
OLIVER: Come and sit down, Mr. Adams.
奥利弗:来,请坐,亚当斯先生.
HENRY: Thank you.
亨利:谢谢
RODERICK: You're an American?
罗德里克:你是美国人?
HENRY: That's right, from San Francisco.
亨利:是的,从旧金山来.
RODERICK: How well do you know London?
罗德里克:你对伦敦熟悉吗?
HENRY: Not at all, it's my first triphere.
亨利:一点也不熟悉,这是我第一次来伦敦.
RODERICK:I wonder, Mr. Adams, if you'd mind us asking a few questions.
罗德里克:亚当斯先生,不知道你是否介意我们问几个问题?
HENRY: Not at all. Go right ahead.
亨利:不介意,请问吧.
RODERICK:May we ask what you're doing in this country and what your plans are?
罗德里克:可不可以问问,你在这个国家要干点儿什么?你的计划又是什么呢?
HENRY: Well, I can't say that I have any plans. I'm hoping to find work. As amatter of fact, I landed in Britain by accident.
亨利:嗯,谈不上有什么计划,我希望能找到工作.事实上,我在英国上岸是偶然的.
OLIVER:How is that possible?
奥利弗:这怎么可能呢?
HENRY: Well, you see, back home I had my own boat. About a month ago, I wassailing out of the bay ... (his eyes stare at what is left of the brother'sdinner on table)
亨利:嗯,你看,在美国的时候,我有自己的船.大约一个月前,我开船驶出了海湾……(他的眼睛盯着两兄弟俩留在餐桌上的残羹剩菜)
OLIVER:Well, go on.
奥利弗:往下说啊.
HENRY: Oh, yes. Well, towards nightfall I found myself carried out to sea by astrong wind. It was all my fault. I didn't know whether I could survive untilmorning. The next morning I'd just about given myself up for lost when I wasspotted by a ship.
亨利:哦,好的.嗯,傍晚时分我发现我被一阵大风刮到海上去了.这都是我的错.我不知道是否能活到早晨.第二天早上,我正感到绝望的时候,一艘海船发现了我.
OLIVER:And it was the ship that brought you to England.
奥利弗:正是那艘船把你带到了英国.
HENRY: Yes. The fact is that I earned my passage by working as an unpaid hand,which accounts for my appearance. I went to the American embassy to seek help,but ... (The brothers smile at each other.)
亨利:是的.事实上我靠做义工来顶替船费,这就是我为什么衣冠不整的原因了.我上美国大使馆求助,但是……(兄弟两相顾而笑)
RODERICK: Well, you mustn't worry aboutthat. It's an advantage.
罗德里克:嗯,这一点你倒不必担心,这还是优点呢.
HENRY: I'm afraid I don't quite follow you, sir.
亨利:对不起,先生,你的话我没有听懂.
RODERICK: Tell us, Mr. Adams, what sortof work did you do in America?
罗德里克:亚当斯先生,请告诉我们,你在美国干哪个行当?
HENRY: I worked for a mining company. Could you offer me some kind of workhere?
亨利:我在一家矿业公司工作.你们能不能给我提供一份工作呢?
RODERICK: Patience, Mr. Adams. If youdon't mind, may I ask you how much money you have?
罗德里克:耐心点儿,亚当斯先生.如果你不介意,我能不能问问,你手头儿有多少钱?
HENRY: Well, to be honest, I have none.
亨利:嗯,老实说,我一分钱都没有了.
OLIVER:(happily) What luck! Brother, what luck! (claps his hands together)
奥利弗:(高兴地)老兄,真走运!真有运气!(鼓起掌来)
HENRY: Well, it may seem lucky to you but not to me! On the contrary, in fact.If this is your idea of some kind of joke, I don't think it's very funny.(Henry stands up to leave) Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll be on my way.
亨利:嗯,这对你们来说可能是运气,但对我来说可不是.事实上,正好相反.如果你们认为这是一个笑话,我可不觉得很好笑.(亨利起身准备走)好了,请原谅,我想我该上路了.
RODERICK:Please don't go, Mr. Adams~ You mustn't think we don't care about you.Oliver, give him the letter.
罗德里克:亚当斯先生,请别走.你千万不要以为我们不在意你的感受.奥利弗,把信给他.
OLIVER:Yes, the letter. (gets it from a desk and gives it to Henry like a gift)The letter.
奥利弗:是,拿信.(从座上把信拿起来,像送礼品一样递给亨利)给你信.
HENRY: (taking it carefully) For me?
亨利:(小心翼翼地接过信)是给我的吗?
RODERICK:For you. (Henry starts to open it) Oh, no, you mustn't open it. Notyet. You can't open it until two o'clock.
罗德里克:是给你的.(亨利要拆信)啊,别拆,你不要拆,现在不是时候,到两点钟你才能打开.
HENRY: Oh, this is silly.
亨利:噢,这真可笑.
RODERICK: Not silly. There's money init. (calls to the servant) James?
罗德里克:这不可笑,这里边有钱呢.(叫仆人)詹姆斯?
HENRY:Oh, no. I don't want your charity. I just want an honest job.
亨利:噢,不,我不需要你们的施舍,我只要一份老老实实的工作.
RODERICK: We know you're hard-working.That's why we've given you the letter. James, show Mr. Adams out.
罗德里克:我们知道你工作是很卖力的,这正是我们给你这封信的原因.詹姆斯,请送亚当斯先生出去.
OLIVER: Good luck, Mr. Adams.
奥利弗:祝你好运,亚当斯先生.
HENRY:Well, why don't you explain what this is all about?
亨利:嗯,怎么不给我讲讲,这究竟是怎么回事呢?
RODERICK: You'll soon know. (looks at the clock) In exactly an hour and a half.
罗德里克:你很快就会明白的,(看着钟)一个半小时以后.
SERVANT: This way, sir.
仆人:请这边走,先生.
RODERICK: Mr. Adams, not until 2o'clock. Promise?
罗德里克:亚当斯先生,两点钟以前不要拆信,答应吗?
HENRY: Promise. Goodbye.
亨利:答应.再见!
必修三Unit3 THE MILLION POUND BANK NOTE百万英镑:
Act I, Scene 4第一幕,第4场
(Outside a restaurant Henry looks at the envelope without opening it anddecides to go in. He sits down at a table next to the front window.)
(在餐馆外边,亨利看了看信封,没有打开,然后决定走进餐馆.他在靠近前边窗户的一张桌子旁坐了下来)
OWNER:(seeing Henry's poor appearance) That one's reserved. This way, please.(to the waiter) Take this gentleman's order, Horace.
店主:(看看亨利的那副穷酸相)那张桌子有人订了.请到这边来.(对服务员)霍勒斯,来等这位先生点菜.
HENRY: (after sitting down and puttingthe letter on the table) I'd like some ham and eggs and a nice big steak. Makeit extra thick. I'd also like a cup of coffee and a pineappledessert.
亨利:(坐定之后,把信放在桌上)我要火腿加鸡蛋,还来一块大牛排,要特厚的.我还要一杯咖啡,一份菠萝甜点.
WAITER:Right, sir. I'm afraid it'll cost a large amount of money.
服务员:好的,先生.恐怕这得花费一大笔钱.
HENRY: I understand. And I'll have a large glass of beer.
亨利:我明白.我还要一大杯啤酒.
WAITER:OK. (The waiter leaves and soon returns with all the food.)
服务员:行.(服务员离开了,很快把所有的食物端了上来)
HOSTESS: My goodness! Why, look at him.He eats like a wolf.
女老板:天哪!你看他,吃起东西来就像头狼.
OWNER:We'll see if he's clever as a wolf, eh?
店主:瞧着吧,看他是不是像狼一样机灵?
HENRY:(having just finished every bit of food) Ah, waiter. (waiter returns)Same thing again, please. Oh, and another beer.
亨利:(刚吃完了所有的东西)喂,服务员.(服务员过来了)同样的东西请再来一份,呃,再来一大杯啤酒.
WAITER:Again? Everything?
服务员:每样东西都再来一份吗?
HENRY: Yes, that's right. (sees the look on the waiter's face) Anything wrong?
亨利:是,没错.(看着服务员脸上的神色)有什么不对吗?
WAITER:No, not at all. (to the owner) He's asked for more of the same.
服务员:不,没什么不对.(对店主)他再要一份同样的食物.
OWNER:Well, it is well-known that Americans like to eat a lot. Well, we'll haveto take a chance. Go ahead and let him have it.
店主:嗯,许多美国人喜欢吃得多,这是大家都知道的.哦,我们得冒点儿风险.去吧,让他吃吧.
WAITER:(reading the bill after the meal) All right. That's two orders of hamand eggs, two extra thick steaks, two large glasses of beer, two cups of coffeeand two desserts.
服务员:(饭后念账单)好了.两份火腿加鸡蛋,两份特厚的牛排,两大杯啤酒,两杯咖啡和两份甜点.
HENRY: (looking at the clock on the wall) Would you mind waiting just a fewminutes?
亨利:(望着墙上的挂钟)请等几分钟好吗?
WAITER:(in a rude manner) What's there to wait for?
服务员:(很不耐烦地)还等什么?
OWNER:All right, Horace. I'll take care of this.
店主:霍勒斯,行啦,这儿由我来照应.
HENRY: (to owner) That was a wonderful meal. It's amazing how much pleasure youget out of tile simple things in life, especially if you can't have them for awhile.
亨利:(对店主)这餐饭吃得真棒.从生活中如此简单的东西之中竟能得到这么大的乐趣,真是令人吃惊,特别是当你暂时吃不到这些东西的时候.
OWNER:Yes, very interesting. Now perhaps, sir, if you pay your bill I can helpthe other customers.
店主:是的,很有意思.如果你现在能付账的话,我就可以去照顾别的顾客了.
HENRY: (looking at the clock on the wall again) Well, I see it's two o'clock.(he opens the envelope and holds a million pound bank note in his hands. Henryis surprised but the owner and waiter are shocked) I'm very sorry. But ... I... I don't have anything smaller.
亨利:(又望着墙上的挂钟)好了,我看两点钟到了.(他把信封拆开,拿出一张百万英镑的钞票.亨利感到吃惊,店主和服务员惊呆了)很抱歉,我……我……我没有小一点儿的钞票.
OWNER:(still shocked and nervous) Well .. er ... just one moment. Maggie, look!(the hostess screams, the other customers look at her and she puts a hand toher mouth) Do you think it's genuine?
店主:(还在发呆,而且有点儿紧张)好……嗯……,等一会儿.玛吉,来瞧瞧!(女老板尖叫起来,其他顾客都望着她,于是,她用手捂住了嘴巴)你看这张钞票是真的吗?
HOSTESS: Oh, dear, I don't know. Isimply don't know.
女老板:天哪,我不知道.我真不知道.
OWNER:Well, I did hear that the Bank of England had issued two notes in thisamount ... Anyway, I don't think it can be a fake. People would pay too muchattention to a bank note of this amount. No thief would want that to happen.
店主:嗯,我确实听说过英格兰银行发行了两张这样面值的钞票……不管怎样,我觉得这不可能是假钞.这么大面值的钞票会特别引人注意的.小偷可不想引起别人的注意.
HOSTESS: But he's in rags!
女老板:但是他穿得破破烂烂的!
OWNER:Perhaps he's a very strange, rich man. (as if he has discovered somethingfor the first time) Why, yes! That must be it!
店主:也许他是一个非常怪异而富有的人.(如梦初醒似的)啊,对了,一定是这样的.
HOSTESS: (hits her husband's arm) And you put him in the back of therestaurant! Go and see him at once.
女老板:(在她丈夫的手臂上打了一下)是你把他带到餐厅后面去的,还不马上去看看他.
OWNER:(to Henry) I'm so sorry, sir, so sorry, but I cannot change this banknote.
店主:(对亨利)先生,对不起,非常对不起,这张钞票我们找不开.
HENRY: But it's all I have on me.
亨利:而我身上就只带了这张钞票.
OWNER:Oh, please, don't worry, sir. Doesn't matter at all. We're so very gladthat you even entered our little eating place. Indeed, sir, I hope you'll comehere whenever you like.
店主:哎呀,先生,请别着急,一点儿也没关系.我们非常高兴你能走进我们这家小吃店.先生,真的,我希望您随时光临.
HENRY: Well, that's very kind of you.
亨利:这,你太好了.
OWNER:Kind, sir? No, it's kind of you. You must come whenever you want and havewhatever you like. Just having you sit here is a great honour! As for the bill,sir, please forget it.
店主:我太好了?不,先生,是您太好了.您什么时候想来就来,想吃什么就吃什么.您就是在这儿坐一下也是我们莫大的荣幸!至于说账单嘛,先生,请把它忘了吧.
HENRY: Forget it? Well ... thank you very much. That's very nice of you.
亨利:忘了它?喔……,那就太谢谢了.你太好了.
OWNER:Oh, it's for us to thank you, sir and I do, sir, from the bottom of myheart. (The owner, hostess and waiter all bow as Henry leaves.)
店主:啊,先生,该是我们谢谢您呢.先生,我从心底里感谢您.
(当亨利离开的时候,店主、女老板和服务员都一齐向他鞠躬)